Connecting to China and a Borderless World
HKT provides integrated SD-WAN solutions for KLOOK
- KLOOK is a leading global travel experience and booking platform, covering 300 international destinations and providing booking services of over 100,000 local itineraries and travel services, including spot ticket booking, one-day trip planning, local transport arrangement, local cuisine ion and special journey services. KLOOK offers convenience for users to enjoy innovative event booking, electronic ticket confirmation and other excellent services on KLOOK’s website and App.
- Established in Hong Kong in 2014, KLOOK has more than 1,000 team members across 20 branch offices around the world, and supports transactions in 9 languages and 41 currencies. KLOOK gains support from a number of top venture capital firms, such as Sequoia Capital China, SoftBank Vision Fund, MatrixPartners China, Goldman Sachs, Boyu Capital, TCV, Welight Capital and China Growth Capital, with a total investment worth more than US$520 million.
- In view of its expanding global coverage, KLOOK requires network operators to provide premium network service and quality with plentiful overseas resources, so as to meet its surging demand for network service and its pressing need to upgrade the existing provider’s bandwidth service, on which its team members rely to run its online systems in the course of business.
- HKT, as an ICT service provider and enabler of global connectivity headquartered in Hong Kong, possesses a host of fixed-line and international backbone network resources. It has access to bandwidth throughout more than 30 international cable systems and 78 transmission sites, providing quality and reliable network service covering over 150 countries and regions around the world.
- According to KLOOK’s existing network structures and business development requirements, HKT has designed one-stop integrated SD-WAN solutions for the Klook’s various office locations in Mainland China and Hong Kong, including the installation of customer premise equipment, high bandwidth on HKT backbone networks and Hong Kong local network resource, which enables KLOOK to access different overseas sites without a hitch.
- Thanks to integrated SD-WAN solutions, KLOOK has integrated networks in Mainland China and Hong Kong and identifies spontaneously different flows of applications. Its features of automation performance management and wide-area network optimization greatly enhance user experience in application delivery between Mainland China and other regions.
- Since SD-WAN service effectively allocates existing network resources and diverts business traffic to different line networks, it achieves cost efficiency by cutting 40% of network costs while aptly meeting KLOOK’s need for high quality network service.