Connecting to China and a Borderless World
HKT assists Cloud Times in the deployment of its cloud platform
- Established in January 2009, Beijing Cloud Times Technology Co., Ltd. (“Cloud Times”) is listed on the National Equities Exchange and Quotations (stock code: 871315). Headquartered in Beijing, Cloud Times has set up subsidiaries and R&D centres in Shanghai and Wuxi. As a leading provider of IDC and CDN integrated services in China, Cloud Times is primarily engaged in the provision of nationwide data centre management and networking services, content distribution and acceleration, cloud hosting and cloud security to its customers, as well as network optimizing solutions targeting operators.
- As it continues to expand its footprint in recent years, Cloud Times is now focused on entering overseas markets, with a view to gaining international access for its large customer base. Cloud Times therefore, found itself in need of a network provider to address its demand for a network with high availability and flexible bandwidth. In light of the higher business volume from its international operation, Cloud Times also hoped to build a cloud node in Hong Kong as soon as practicable, in order to meet the needs arising from additional operations.
- As a leading provider of ICT services based in Hong Kong, HKT provides one-stop services to domestic and foreign corporate customers. In addition to operating numerous nodes and a sizeable network in town, HKT is also interconnected with many international data centre operators.
- SkyExchange – HKT’s Facilities Managed Network Services (FMNS), operates a number of nodes for many of Hong Kong’s backbone networks, it has access throughout the territory and features extensive fault tolerance. Connecting multiple locations ed with its 10G duplicate fiber-optic loop, HKT is fully equipped for crisis management, and it is capable of providing secure network connectivity of high bandwidth and low latency to corporate customers under different categories.
- Cloud Times’ servers are directly connected with network nodes through HKT’s SkyExchange to allow high-speed transmission. As a result, network latency for local and international links has been significantly reduced to a minimum of less than 15 milliseconds.
- As all networks FMNS required for deploying Cloud Times’ public and private clouds at the local end are solely provided by HKT, and they have been integrated a singleFMNS, the resulting barrier-free connectivity and shortened distance for data transmission have improved the user experience for Cloud Times.
- As Cloud Times plans on building overseas SD-WAN nodes in the future, HKT will utilize its edge in network resources in Hong Kong to help Cloud Times “go global” and deliver on its ambition of further establishing a global presence.