Connecting to China and a Borderless World
HKT helps optimise network connectivity for Sime Darby Group
- As one of Malaysia’s oldest multinational corporations, Sime Darby Group has more than 300 branches around the world and is principally engaged in the sales, maintenance and post-sale services of automobiles and heavy machinery. Sime Darby Group represents many celebrated automobile names, such as BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and Mitsubishi.
- In light of China’s booming automobile sector, Sime Darby Group has successively established branches in 22 Chinese cities, including Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Changsha. Its expanding operations have also exposed communication barriers between its branches and headquarters, as well as between auto parts and automobile manufactures. As a result, Sime Darby Group needs network solutions to optimize access to enterprise applications such as Salesforce, O365 and Webex.
- Fully utilizing its network coverage in more than 150 countries and regions, as well as competitive advantage in network management as an international operator, HKT developed Premium Internet (PI) solution – a product well positioned to meet the needs of domestic and foreign enterprise customers (e.g. Sime Darby Group), while offering high levels of quality assurance.
- Subject to compliance with network rules issued by China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, this IP solution took advantage of HKT’s network resources to help Sime Darby Group remove access bottlenecks (outbound bandwidth) for servers in other regions, thereby optimising network performance.
- With the help of HKT’s PI solution, Sime Darby Group has managed to significantly improve the communication efficiency between its branches in the Greater China region and other regions. For example, Webex is now running several times faster, which has been well received by staff members.
- HKT’s experienced solution consultant teams are well acquainted with the network conditions and market characteristics in mainland China and Hong Kong. As such, they are well suited to develop integrated solutions tailored to address each development need of Sime Darby Group, with a view to supporting its further business expansion.